Before submitting your proposal, we ask that you consider whether your material fits our publishing profile. We publish nonfiction books of local and regional interest to people in the Middle Atlantic states; we generally do not publish fiction, poetry, or children's books.
Your proposal should include the following:
- A description of the subject of your book, as well as its format and length.
- An outline of the book or a sample table of contents.
- A sample chapter or two.
- Tell us about yourself, including your qualifications for writing a book on this subject, and any experience you have with writing and/or having your work published.
- Describe the audience you hope to reach. Please note that we expect that you will already have researched the market to determine how many books on the same subject are currently available. We look for unique books that stand out. Explain how your book differs from those already on the market.
- We would also like to know your ideas for publicity and promotion of the book, including how you intend to reach your target market, and any contacts you have that may be helpful.
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope so that we may acknowledge receipt of your proposal. If you would like to have your material returned, be sure to send an envelope that is large enough and has enough postage for us to mail your proposal back to you. Proposals that do not include an envelope and postage will not be acknowledged or returned.